clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Rogers Park combo Target store/apartment development cleared to rise

New, 12 comments

The ‘The Concord at Sheridan’ project will deliver 111 mixed-income housing units

GREC Architects

An upcoming mix-use development got the official nod to begin construction at 6418 N. Sheridan Road near Loyola University in Chicago’s Rogers Park neighborhood. Dubbed ‘The Concord at Sheridan,’ the seven-story project recently landed a building permit estimated at $32 million. The project is a joint venture between the Chicago Housing Authority and private firm Three Corners Development and is designed by GREC Architects.

Current plans call for 111 rental apartments, 125 below-grade vehicle parking spaces, and nearly 30,000 square feet of retail space—the majority of which will be leased to a ground floor Target store. Approximately 60% of The Concord’s units would be reserved for CHA residents with the remaining 40% will be rented at market rate.

First revealed to the public in January of this year, the project was approved by the Chicago Plan Commission in May. It replaces a small surface parking lot and an existing rec facility used by the neighboring CHA Caroline Hedger Senior Apartments. A new 5,000-square-foot community center is slated to be built between the Hedger building and the new development.

GREC Architects