clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Redevelopment Watch

New, 7 comments

The Julia C. Lathrop Homes are one of the last of the large public housing projects in Chicago, and despite plans to redevelop the site, organizations are fighting to preserve it. The 35 acre site was first opened in 1938 and was entered into the National Register of Historic Places in 2012. In 2000, the city stopped accepting new residents, and today only 140 occupants remain. [Chicago Reader]