As we already gave away, this structure is/was a Swedish Evangelical Mission Church. The old photo is from circa 1905. Located at 59th and Carpenter in Englewood, the house of worship has been decommissioned and boarded up (to the best of our knowledge). The area, once a major Swedish enclave, was one of a privileged few to have a "Snus Boulevard"— 59th Street, in fact. Snus is Swedish snuff or chewing tobacco. Guess people got bored with "Swede Town". At one time, Chicago had the largest Swedish population outside of Stockholm. Andersonville remains the one obvious outpost. Thanks for playing!
·Hint: A Vestigial Church, Still Holding Down Its Corner [Curbed Chicago]
·CornerSpotter [Curbed Chicago]