clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

No Amount of Winterizing...

New, 1 comment

If your apartment building loses its heating in winter, it's nice to know the city has your back. When news broke yesterday of a 170-unit Lincoln Park building getting its heat shut off due to high carbon monoxide readings (the result of a clogged chimney), it was looking like tenants were going to have to withstand 2-3 weeks of space heating and cold showers. But today the city is going to court on their behalf to argue for emergency repairs, in which case repairs would progress with appropriate haste. In a letter to tenants, the owners of the building at 2738 N. Pine Grove Ave encouraged the temporary use of space heaters and ovens, and recommended residents boil water for bathing. Needless to say, the Fire Department had some qualms with that. [Trib]