It's feeling rather spring-like today, and you know what that means: construction season! A handful of new high-rises are currently under construction around town, and it's high time that we take a look at them all. We've written about several of the residential towers before, but we haven't covered the VOA-designed Roosevelt University high-rise that's currently under construction in the Loop. The 32-story campus building is arguably the most interesting of the lot, and it's beginning to really climb. A high-rise is generally defined as a building of 12 or more stories, but we decided to include the University of Chicago's 11-story Logan Arts Center in the list, because it's a neat building, and in its low-rise campus environs it'll probably feel like more than 11 stories. All of the photos above are fairly current, except for the one of the Ritz-Carlton Residences, which is from mid-January (the construction cam for the Ritz seems to have been taken offline).
· SoNo East (22 stories), Berkelhamer Architects
· Ronald McDonald Skyline Oasis (14 stories), Antunovich Associates
· Roosevelt University (32 stories), VOA
· Admiral at the Lake (31 stories), Perkins + Will
· Logan Arts Center (11 stories), Tod Williams and Billie Tsien Architects
· Lincoln Park 2520 (39 stories), Lucien Lagrange
· Ritz-Carlton Residences (40 stories), Lucien Lagrange